Our home employs qualified recreation staff to plan and organize many special events and activities for the Residents. These programs are therapeutically designed to meet social, intellectual, physical, spiritual and emotional needs. The programs provide stimulating activities and one-on-one interaction, benefitting mental and physical wellbeing.
Residents are encouraged to participate in whatever programs appeal to them, no matter what their level of ability. Family members are welcome to join their loved ones during programs. Residents are made aware of upcoming events or notices, and monthly calendars are distributed to each Resident at the beginning of each month.
Some examples of common events and activities include:
- Music programs, including sing-alongs, hymn sings, concerts and a hand bell choir
- Exercises in the resident activity area
- Church services in the chapel (various denominations during the week and on weekends)
- Birthday, special seasonal and holiday parties
- Reading group, poetry reading and creative writing
- Current events, discussion groups, and reminiscing, history groups
- Crosswords, Trivia, etc.
- Bingo, bowling, crafts
- Travelogues, summer barbeques and outdoor concerts
- Special trips, outings and lunches out in the community
- Pet therapy
View our weekly and monthly calendars here for recreation activates currently happening at our facility.
Recreation staff also regularly visit Residents who are unable to attend group functions, to provide stimulation through conversation, walking, tactile exercises, reading letters, and/or music in resident rooms.
We welcome, and will try to accommodate, any Resident’s special interests, talents, and hobbies. Resident input helps our recreation staff tailor programs and introduce new ideas that benefit all.
Residents and family members are also encouraged to participate in Resident Council, designed so residents have input in decisions affecting their life at the facility.